is an Ayurvedic treatment which involves gently pouring warmed liquids over the forehead and in particular the ‘third eye’. It was developed by vaidyas (practitioners of Ayurveda) in Kerala, India for use in restorative therapy and can be one of the steps involved in Panchakarma. The aim in Ayurveda is prevention, to promote positive health, long life and
well being to the body.The name comes from the Sanskrit words ‘shiro’ meaning ‘head’ and ‘dhara’which means ‘flow’. The liquids used in a shirodhara treatment depend on what is being treated, but can include oil, milk, buttermilk, coconut water, or even plain water. Develop the skill to use this ancient healing practice to treat stress, anxiety, headaches and other head and neck problems.
• Contra indications
• History and theory of Ayurveda and Shirodhara
• Benefits & effects
• Preparation of client including consultation and recording keeping
• Materials, equipment and products
• Practical step by step tuition of Shirodhara technique
• Treatment planning/contra-actions / after care
Certificate of completion will be provided.
Combo – ShiroAbhyanga and ShiroDhara Training Fee – $800 plus Gst
For full details and further information, please contact Bindu Grover – firstname.lastname@example.org